Friday, December 30, 2011

Warm Heads, Full Bellies


I am busy in the kitchen today preparing to have the family over for the holiday weekend. As I peel carrots and open cans I am thankful that I have good food to fill the plates and bellies of my loved ones. Unfortunately not everyone is so lucky. My home town, Winston-Salem, NC was just named the worst place in the country for hungry kids and the food banks shelves are often completely empty. Growing up I had no idea that kids I saw at school might not have food to eat at home and now that I am more aware it still shocks me. So this year part of my annual giving is going to the Second Harvest Food Bank of Northwest NC. To help raise money we are donating 100% of sales our Basic Ribbed Hat pattern to the Food Bank. So far we have raised about $130 in pattern sales and we have decided that we will MATCH all money raised through pattern sales by Jan 1. So if you'd like to help us fill the shelves please purchase a copy of the hat pattern in the next day or two and we'll donate the $10 from the pattern sale PLUS an additional $10. This hat pattern is my favorite for quick, warm hats which are perfect for giving to homeless shelters

No comments: