Sunday, April 1, 2012

April Featured Artisan


In April we are giving away* stitch markers from WeeOnes! Get to know Jillian with the interview below and make sure to check out her Etsy Shop!

How and why did you get into stitch marker making?
I was an avid knitter and had been making little clay creations for years. I was looking around on Etsy and was inspired to open my own shop. My love of knitting and love of sculpting combined beautifully and WeeOnes was born. I named the shop after my Pomeranian, Wee'un.

Where do you find inspiration for new stitch markers?
My travels, my husband, and most importantly, my customers.
1. What is your favorite word? Perspicacious. I can't say I use it often, but I do love the way it sounds.
2. What is your least favorite word? Crapper or any other crude nickname for the toilet.
3. What turns you on? Traveling
4. What turns you off? Too much stress
5. What sound do you love? Thunder
6. What sound do you hate? The sound my dogs make when trying to get my attention ("Muh"). It's just so repetitive.
7. What is your favorite curse word? I think a tortured indecipherable growl/yell
8. What profession other than yours would you like to attempt?I enjoy making a living in an unconventional way. I'm not sure about another profession, but it would need to be self-made!
9. What profession would you not like to do? I wouldn't want to be a writer. I'm just not creative in that way and really don't enjoy it.
10. If heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the pearly gates? All the family and friends you've lost over the years are here waiting for you!

*a free stitch marker will be included in any non-club order over $30, while supplies last

No comments: