Monday, February 9, 2009

Yarn Donations

I just received this note from my friend, Elizabeth, who is collecting yarn donated for Girl Inc: 


I'd like to issue a HUGE thank-you to all of you who responded to my "call for yarn" announced on The Unique Sheep Blog and Lime and Violet Blog a few weeks ago.  The response was tremendous... and now we've got more yarn than we know what to do with!  Over the next two weeks I will be implementing some sort of organizational system for the yarn.  Once that's in place, I'll embark upon the task of passing on my - or should I say OUR - passion for knitting to the my wonderful girls at Zona del Sol.  They are all truly excited about learning to knit and crochet and are impatient to get started! 

 

Unfortunately, we have limited space for storage here at the Zona del Sol center (we're in the process of expanding and our addition isn't finished yet), so I would like to ask that if you have NOT sent yarn yet, to wait until at least August before sending any more yarn our way.  We're grateful for all of the donations we've received, but I'm afraid if we get any more at this point, our center will be so full of yarn, we won't have a place to put the girls!

 

There is really no way to express my gratitude for your generosity.  Thanks again to all that donated, and I will pass along pictures and stories of the girls' knitting projects once we get started!

 

Sincerely,

Elizabeth Crumpler

Program Manager, Zona del Sol Center
Girls Inc. of Santa Fe

Inspirar a las niñas y a las jóvenes a ser seguras, inteligentes, y decididas

Inspiring all girls to be strong, smart, and bold

No comments: