Thursday, October 27, 2011

BOO!



I love Halloween, and not just because of all the sweet treats. I love the costumes. If I could, I would wear costumes throughout the year but since that would likely end with padded walls I have to wait till that one night a year when costumes are celebrated. I'll be going as a 18th Century Zombie. I found this great dress at a local theatre's sale, it was rather worn with some of the lace coming off and a ripped seam or two so I got it for a steal. Then I added a bit more grim by splashing it with black tea and dragging the hem in some dirt. The look is finished off with zombie makeup. I just have to decide if I want to wear a poufy white wig or if I'll be able to tease my hair into something resembling a Marie Antoinette style do. I'll make sure to take some photos at Saturday's Halloween Party so you can see how it turns out.

Aside from the fun of dressing up yourself, there is also the fun of seeing all of your friends dressed up for the holiday. We'd like to see YOUR costumes and to motivate you we are offering up a prize or two. Keep reading for contest rules and details.

Contest Rules
1. Submit a photo of you, your spouse, child or pet dressed up for Halloween by emailing the photo to laura@theuniquesheep.com no later than November 3rd.
2. Photo does not have to be from this year.
3. By sending us your photo you give us permission to post them on Flickr and on this blog.
4. You can send multiple photos if you want to, but you'll only get one entry per person.
5. Winners will be selected by random drawing from all entries on November 4th.

PRIZES
We will be giving away skeins of our special HALLOWEEN themed colorways. The exact colors, yarns and number of prizes awarded will be a surprise.


1 comment:

Natalie Rush said...

FUN! I will be sending you a pic of little miss baby barknknit in her Lamb costume that my sister sewed for her!! ;)