Sunday, January 6, 2008

Little Sampler Socks

In my last post I talked about Cat Bordhi's new sock book which has gotten me all excited about knitting socks. I was so pleased with the Coriolis socks I made for myself that I gathered together some left over bits of yarn to try out some of the baby/ "learner" sock patterns. In the process I got to try out different cast ons, bind offs, heels and toes and different combinations of yarns and colors. For each of the three socks I used two strands of Unique Sheep yarns on size 5 needles.

For the "Little Sky Sock" I used two strands of Verve in Sinful and Brook Side. (left)

For Marcelo's Seven League Boots (foxglove sockitecture) I also used Brook Side also, but this time paired with a solid ecru and in the Sushi Socks yarn. Sushi Socks is so fluffy and soft, its perfect for baby socks! (right)


Finally, for Etta Mae's Baby Bootikins (Upsteam sockitecture) I used one strand of Verve in Spiced Apple and one strand of Leili in solid dark purple.

I am very pleased with how these color and yarn combinations worked out and am looking forward to trying more, and to making myself another (adult sized) pair of socks from this book!

No comments: