Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Ravelraiser '08

I seem to have a lot to say today-- days will go by without blogposts and then all of a sudden way more than you probably want to read. Sorry about that. I'll make this one short.

You all know about Ravelry, I'm assuming. If not, go here. Okay, now you all know about Ravelry. Ravelry is THE online knitting community. Its awesome. I can no longer imagine life without Ravelry. Apparently other people think so too, because Ravelry is growing. And to keep up with that growth takes a bit of money. So a bunch of Ravelry supporters ("Ravelraisers") decided to raise a bit of money to help buy things like servers and other computer things that I don't understand, but which seem to be important for making the website run smoothly and quickly. Even if every Ravelry member just donated a buck or two, it would make a HUGE difference. And since Ravelry is a free service, I think we owe it to them.

If you'd like to make a donation, a paypal button has been set up here. You can also read all the details on that page. Oh, and did I mention that for every $10 you donate you get entered into a drawing to win lots of awesome prizes? Like entire collections of yarn. And expensive Lexie Barnes Bags. No kidding.

No comments: