Sunday, November 23, 2008

Holiday Feet




I made these socks using the pattern from our 2nd Ram Club shipment. The pattern is called Harbour Tweed and was designed by Charles Voth (aka StitchStud on Ravelry). The socks were originally designed for men, but I just used the smallest size to fit my foot. I made a slight pattern modification by carrying the really cool woven slipped pattern and tuck stitch down the heel flap of my socks.

Charles is a wonderful designer and comes out with some very innovative ideas. If you would like to see more of his work, you are welcome to join one of our clubs, as he is also designing socks for our second Ram Series and one of the secret projects for The Six Kingdoms.

The Harbour Tweed pattern is not available to the public yet, but worked as a great showcase for the Christmas Gradiance color way. That color way can be used with most any sock pattern if you use the Gradiance tips for socks.

Knitting with a Holiday inspired color way helped make me feel very festive and my socks will get a lot of use over the next few weeks :)

1 comment:

Turtle said...

nice holiday colors!