Monday, September 7, 2009

When I grow up...

I want to be a shepherdess. I remember the day in college that my career advisor asked me what my goal in life was. I said "to own a llama". I don't think he had gotten that response before at my small, private liberal arts college and he didn't quite know what to make of it. Since then I've decided that llamas are a bit too aloof, really, and that I'd be happier if I stuck to sheep and goats, maybe with a guard-donkey (cause who doesn't love donkies?). This is still one of my goals in life, but I've had to acknowledge that its one that will have to wait until Chris and I are about more settled both geographically (we may have to move in 1.5yrs for Chris's residency) and financially. So, sadly, now is not the time for me to be starting a spinner's flock. But if you have always dreamed of owning fiber goats or you know of someone who has, and your life is more conducive to the owning of livestock, check out the Spinner's Flock Giveaway at Martha's Vineyard Fiber Farm. They are actually GIVING AWAY a small flock of their gorgeous angora goats. Heck, even if you aren't interested in owning goats go on over and check out the adorable pictures of the angora kids. Irresistible!

1 comment:

Turtle said...

i saw susan had posted that. I would so love it as well. But not on this property, have to wait a few years for the next property! Yup, goats, sheep, a donkey, chickens and bee's..... :)