Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Caffe Marco

This month's Sip n Stitch Club shipment contains coffee from a roaster named CaffeMarco located in Paris, KY. When I moved from NC to KY last spring I was so sad to leave all the great coffee roasters in the area but thankfully I found a new roaster to keep me caffeinated!



CaffeMarco is a one-man operation; Mark Newberry roasts and packs every batch by hand and then delivers them to the local co-op grocery store and farmers markets. With a background in wine making, Mark approaches coffee roasting with an eye- and palate- for quality flavor.




The CaffeMarco roastery and storefront is located in Paris, KY- one of the many small towns outside of Lexington. The drive out to Paris takes you past beautifully manicured Thoroughbred horse farms into a small country town. Downtown Paris shows signs of a long distant glamor that is just beginning to dust itself off and put on a fresh face to great modern visitors. Life in Paris runs at a slower pace with plenty of time to window shop at the antique shops along main street or sip from a cup of good coffee. You can see a few pictures of my visit to the Caffe here.

When I was working on the colorway for this month's yarn I was inspired by the warm, vibrant colors on the Caffe Marco website especially the photo of the stacked bowls. I hope you enjoy it!

No comments: