Saturday, March 31, 2012

Triangular Shawl Math

Because its the weekend of the Final Four basketball games I found myself at home alone on this Saturday evening while my husband watches the Big Game at a friend's house. And so I thought to myself, what better to do with this quiet evening than to do some math? The truth is that we have had instructions for calculating where to make Gradiance transitions for rectangular and circular shawls for a long time but we didn't have instructions for triangular shawls yet. The delay was due to my fear of math. But tonight I made myself do it and you know what? It wasn't that bad after all! And in case you aren't convinced that my math is entirely trustworthy (I wouldn't blame you) I had my work checked over by my high school math teacher friend, Alli, and she gave me an A+.

You can read over the new Triangular Shawl math, as well as the math for rectangles and circles, here. I hope you'll let me know if you use any of these tutorials and if so if they made any sense. Its really hard to write out math in an understandable way, but I did my best!

No comments: