Monday, December 10, 2007

Socks for the Holidays

Laura and I dyed a batch of yarn for Woolgirl in the Colorway "Rudolph" a couple of weeks ago, and I accidentally grabbed a skein of the yarn that was used for these socks.


I recently purchased Cat Bordhi's new book, New Pathways for Sock Knitters, and was looking forward to trying her unique sock architectures. This yarn was a perfect choice for the pattern I chose.

The yarn, which is temporarily named "twist" is a 4 ply with one ply that takes the dye darker than the others. It is superwash and almost a worsted weight, and is quite squooshy. It is not listed as one of our base yarns, but I could not resist posting the picture of the socks. Please do inquire if you are interested in the yarn.

I am very happy with how the socks came out and am looking forward to knitting more patterns from Cat's book.

No comments: