Friday, December 19, 2008

A New Stole


Ever since I dyed the first set of Gradiance yarn and knitted The Gluttony Socks there has to be at least one project OTN using Gradiance yarn.

My latest FO is the Earth Maiden stole designed by Ilga Leja. The pattern calls for a DK weight yarn but I used Leili, a fingering weight yarn, so extra stitches were added and the pattern was modified by including several more repeats of each of the stitch pattern segments.


I used, Henry, one of the newest colors in the Gradiance collection:

and made sure to alternate colors as we suggest here, so the transition from one skein to the next really is seamless.

The final project came out better than expected!


























We will add Henry to our list of Gradiance colors soon, but do let us know if you would like to order a set by putting it in as your color choice when you order from our site.

We do not have the Earth Maiden pattern available on the Unique Sheep site, but of you use Moonshadow, you will get a similar effect as it is also knitted with stitches cast on from end to end, plus you would get the extra enjoyment of knitting with beads!

Kelly

3 comments:

Chelsea the Yarngeek said...

Absolutely amazingly gorgeous!!! That colorway is fabulous! I love how it works up in the shawl, I might have to try that with a bit of lace myself.

Turtle said...

so very very gorgeous! love the gradiated colors!

Julie said...

I love the gradiance collection! The colors are beautiful! What a great idea! Can't wait to try out a project using some of those lovely yarns!