Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Unique Sheep Meets Miss Violet!


Guess who Kelly and I got to meet this week---- Miss Violet ala Lime & Violet. Thats right, THE Lime & Violet. As in, the Lime & Violet Podcast and the Daily Chum. Probably my favorite knitting celebrity in this country (though I have to admit to having 'favorites' in a number of different countries...). Miss V was in North Carolina for some businessy meetings and decided to extend her stay by a few days to visit with knitters, yarn shops and other must-sees in the state. On Monday my friend Alli from Winston-Salem played hookie from school (shes a teacher, shhh don't tell the principle!) and we had coffee with Miss V at one of my favorite Carrboro coffee shops. Then Miss V came over for a tour of the "studio". I think she was pretty impressed by how much I managed to cram into my little apartment! I had a very nice time and it was so great to meet someone who's voice I hear so often on her podcast. You know, I love the yarn and the knitting and the dyeing and everything, but my favorite part of this job is meeting all the great people from around the country and even around the world. I feel like I "know" so many of you-- customers, designers, fellow dyers and yarn shop owners--even though I've never met you in person. Having the opportunity to meet face to face is like icing on the cake! 

Today Kelly had the opportunity to play tour guide for Miss V in Greensboro and Highpoint, visiting all the great yarn shops (Knit Picky Yarns, Gate City Yarns and Common Threads-- all of which either carry or are soon to carry Unique Sheep yarns!)  I'm sure she'll share her stories/photos with us tomorrow after shes had a chance to rest up from all the fun! 

No comments: