This June we'd like to bring your attention to the work of soap maker Carol Pryer. We will be giving away a free bar of handmade soap with every* order placed in June!
Carol sells her soap and body products at the farmers market in Greensboro where Kelly shops, as well as on her website. You may have already sampled her wonderful soap, lotions and lip balms included as "extras" in our clubs. Each shipment of the Rubber Ducky Club includes one of her bars of hand made soap in a fragrance that coordinates with the colorway for that month!
Carol also grows and sells produce on her family farm. She blogs about the farming life at http://matersandmerlot.com/
How did you get interested in soap making?
I was losing hair and bought a shampoo bar at a craft show. Loved the soap and drove a long way for more. Hubby suggested I make my own, but only formula I could find made 39 bars. Gave some away and the rest is history.How did you learn to make soap?
Basically self taught. Did watch a live demo.
What is your favorite ingredient to use?
Shea butter is a soap ingredient that is very moisturizing and in several of my soaps and other products.
1. What is your favorite word? -Naked
2. What is your least favorite word? - Should've
3. What turns you on? - Sitting quietly in nature
4. What turns you off? Being told I should've
5. What sound do you love? Hummingbirds
6. What sound do you hate? Dentist's Drill
7. What is your favorite curse word? F____
8. What profession other than yours would you like to attempt? Interior decorator or chef
9. What profession would you not like to do? News Anchor
10. If heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the pearly gates?
Yes, all those folks were ME. I AM has many names.
*offer only valid on non-club/KAL orders over $30. Gift certificates are not included.