Sunday, October 19, 2008

Introducing the Miss Austen shawl

Even though I consider myself primarily a knitter, I've been getting into crochet more and more lately. Patterns like this are part of whats been driving me to become more crochet savvey. This stunning circular shawl, named after the literary figure, is crocheted on a size E hook using Tinsel Toes. The combination of the open "Love Knot" stitch pattern, the smooth drape of Tinsel Toes and the satisfying weight of the beaded edging makes this shawl a delight to wear. Unlike most lace shawls it even looks great in heavily variegated yarns! I think I'm going to make one to wear over a little black dress for holiday parties this winter! 

1 comment:

Turtle said...

very nice, as is the baby sweater.too bad i cannot crochet to save my life!