Monday, September 1, 2008

More Soap

A few weeks ago I posted about the soap making process. Well, last Wed (Aug 27) I made another couple of batches. I didn't get as many pictures this time because I was trying to finish up before a big storm blew in. As I mentioned before, I do all my soap making out on our balcony/porch. It is covered so while it was just sprinkling I was okay but once the wind started blowing the rain sideways it wasn't quite as fun anymore! But never fear, before I got rained out I was able to mix up some great soaps. The blue and green swirled soap is a blend of peppermint and spearmint. Mmm its so crisp and refreshing! The orange with the light tan bits is spicy pumpkin with ginger--it even has powdered pumpkin mixed in! It smells good enough to eat. Really. The red marbled block is a spice blend that is hard to describe. It smells a bit like food, but not as much as the pumpkin spice. Its not at all perfumey, but I wouldn't mind smelling like it. You'll just have to try it yourself. The dark "crust" on the edge is a bit of cinnamon sprinkled on to make it look pretty. All three batches were made w/ Soybean Oil, Coconut Oil and Olive Oil. Though I didn't get as many pictures this time of the weird reactions, you can see some of the strange surface changes in the photo below. It always amazes me that they can look so weird during the soap making process and yet turn out just fine!

1 comment:

Turtle said...

cool the pumpkin sounds yummy!